Networking and volunteering are integral to my career path and my commitment to advocating for STEM at various capacities.
- Co-founder-Africa Women in Computing
- Gracehoper Conference (Celebrating women in Computing): Expanding Reach for African and Asian Systers and Women in Computing Everywhere/October 2014
- Black Engineer if the Year Awards(BEYA), Washington DC/February 2014
- Women of Color Conference , Dallas TX /October 2013
- The National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering & Science (GEM)lab symposium/Prairie View A&M/March 2013
Non Profit Leadership Roles
- Advisory committee member: stemadvocacy/2016-current
- Conduct advocacy research that leads to the development of new ideas, tools, and insights to support trainees, organizations, and policy makers in STEM around the world.
- Advisory Board Member: Working to advance african women foundation/2009-2011
- Created, developed and produced the board of directors handbook
- Successfully collaborated in writing grant for funding of the STEM girls camp initiative in Africa, resulted in $10,500 funding from Engineering Information Foundation
- Contributed in judging of over 700 applications for the scholarships initiatives
- Initiated and facilitated quarterly board/executive meeting to discuss foundations strategic missions and goals
Others activities from 2009-2012
TEXAS JUNIOR AND HUMANITIES SYMPOSIUM, Texas A&M University, College St, TX
- Volunteer judge of oral research presentation and poster session presentation to determine who will go on to national competition.
TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY College Station, TX
- Volunteer Graduate Travel Awards committee member
- Elected Graduate Student Council representative for Material Science & Engineering
- Elected Vice President/Public relations, Society of Plastic Engineers (SPE-TAMU),
- Departmental representative, Nanotechnology and Nanoscience Student Association (NaNSA-TAMU)
- Elected Graduate Student Council representative of Material Science & Engineering